Picture of the Week

Email me your pics from the road too! We'll get the best one's online! Send to themidwestwanderer@gmail.com Happy travels!







Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bring Hotel Confirmation Numbers With You!

So I rolled into my hotel lady night about 1:30am.  The doors were locked, and I had to wait about 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to come back to let me in.  The parking lot was packed, a sure sign of a sold-out hotel. 

Once inside, he promptly informed me that he had no rooms left.  I told him that I had a reservation.  He told me all confirmed guests had checked in.  So...being patient and kind, confirmed I was at the correct hotel and then showed him my confirmation number.  He advised I had already checked in.  Since I'm standing I'm front of him, and I hadn't remembered to drive the warp-speed work truck, knew he was mistaken.  I showed the kind gentleman my confirmation number and he have me a key.

Upon entry into said hotel room, I was convinced that I would be met by an angry husband wondering what I was doing in their room.  Turns out, it WAS empty.  But the lesson learned here is always have your confirmation number handy.

I use Worldmate, a free app for Android and Apple, that tracks all your travel data, hotels, rental cars, airline tickets, etc on one site.  There are a few other good ones out there too, such as TripIt.

But I'll never leave home without my cell phone, and now, my confirmation numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment